Friday 15 May 2009

MMS Working

Ah! At last I've got MMS working on my (ahem!) newly acquired phone. I've tried calling Maxis a couple of times and they've sent me settings that supposedly auto install into the phone but it did not work. I was also taught to try *100# but that did not get me any settings either. What to do? Went to Google and typed "maxis mms settings" and was brought to some Maxis & Me phone settings website.

After going through some keying in of my mobile number so that Maxis could send me an SMS with a verification code which I then typed on the website, I got the message that there were no settings for my phone. After that, a manual setting page popped out. Keyed in the MMS settings manually and tested it out with my buds. Phew. It worked! But I did find out that my phone can't play *.3gp files nor can it save that kind of files when my bud sent it over via MMS. Might as well since it can't record videos. :(

No comments: