Sunday, 9 August 2009

Sam the Koala Dies

Remember Sam? The Koala that was saved by fireman Tree in the Australian bushfire earlier this year? You can refresh your memory here. I regret to inform that Sam was euthanised due to complications from cysts that are linked to the life-threatening disease chlamydia. This cruel condition is a bacterium infection that causes infertility, blindness and ultimately death. It is not feasible to to treat wild animals for chlamydia, as effective treatment requires extended use of antibiotics.

Source: TreeHugger.

No comments: