Wednesday 2 December 2009

Lotus F1 Team Numbered 18 and 19

What better way to start my first post for the last month of the year than to talk about our magnificent multi-million dollar Formula 1 team! Our 1Malaysia F1 team is officially named Lotus F1. At first, I thought it would be called the 1Malaysia F1 team but I suppose it would be damn lame and it should not remind that the team is funded by Malaysians.
I must say, that is one damn cool looking car but I don't know how it will look when the sponsor stickers are all up. Anyway, The Star Online reports that our team had been given the numbers 18 and 19, putting them ahead of the other new teams. Ho! Ho! Ho! I guess this does signify something and Christmas is just around the corner!

No drivers were announced yet but our very own Fairuz Fauzy (ok, I'm not a racing fan so I don't know who he is) is expected to be the reserve driver while rumour has it that Jarno Trulli, Kamui Kobayashi, Takuma Sato and Jacques Villenueve are in the running as the two drivers. Yeah, I also don't know who the rest of these people are either. Apologies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

big deal the team got the numbers 18 and 19. do they get extra points for that?

what matters is the on-track performance.

Adrian Tan said...

No drivers yet. Probably it will be automated. Robots can drive very efficiently. So, yeah, they are on-track for performance.