Tuesday 21 May 2013

Tera-Flickr!

The Three Blues
Yahoo! has just made some headlines! The company bought Tumblr and then announced a whole new Flickr! I was particularly stingy with uploading photos to Flickr because first of all I didn't have a PRO account so only my most recent 200 photos will be shown. Second, I won't be able to access those older than the 200 photos... I had complained about this awhile back here.

But all these have changed! Flickr now offers 1 terabytes of storage albeit with ads! I don't know if this is good for Yahoo!'s economics but it definitely is wonderful to me! Hence I uploaded one of my favourite photos that I had wanted to upload for sometime to celebrate this amazing day!

Besides that, Flickr removed or increased various limits imposed on its free account users. The photostream page is also upgraded to a more contemporary look. That's all I know for now, so Flickr users, enjoy yourselves!

Great job, Yahoo! You made Flickr relevant again!

No comments: