Monday 9 September 2013

Ironically, referring to the photo below, digital camera sales are not mushrooming...

I can understand how digital camera sales are declining the world over. I wouldn't be lugging around my digital camera, be it compact or DSLR or even mirrorless when I am at work. Now that there are phones that take reasonable photos, I seldom carry any cameras, unless I'm on holiday, I suppose. For work, I'd use my phone to snap away. Below is a photo of... ummm... mushrooms that I took with my phone during a late working night.

Wild mushrooms at a not so wild suburb.

However, I do not deny that the current crop of compact cameras offer better photo qualities than even the best phones. Needless to say, DSLR are almost the best of the crop. It's just that, people are lazy to carry something that is difficult to fit into a jeans pocket, for instance. I do still lust for digital cameras and my current wish is to own a mirrorless Sony NEX. Well, I don't mind Sony's latest innovation, the QX10 and QX100 "lens cameras" either!

XD

No comments: