Thursday 12 September 2013

What's after Apple’s September 10 event?

64-bit Mobile Computing 
Apple looks set to spearhead 64-bit mobile computing now that it is using the 64-bit A7 processor in its flagship phone (and here I was getting worried how Apple will compete with all those quad and not so octa-core processors). There is no doubt that the new iPad and iPad Mini will follow suit. However, 64-bit mobile computing will not be exploding into the scene sometime soon because there are plenty of legacy 16-bit devices out there… even Apple’s own iPhone 5C is still “yesterday’s technology” so it’d be obvious not many developers will go that direction anytime soon. Perhaps when the iPhone 6 comes out next year end then… At the same time, I’m worried that app prices will be increasing due to the efforts required to make higher quality apps to match the iPhone’s hardware…
Mobile Photography and Video to the Next Level 
I’ve always been mighty impress with HTC for coming out with its larger but less megapixels sensor for its flagship HTC One and here I am, highly impressed with Apple for making its sensor larger while maintaining the pixels. Hopefully, together with better and faster optics, image quality will improve. There’s also burst mode and Apple’s adding in an extra “warmer” LED for better coloured flash photography. Video is further enhanced with 120fps capture with ability to select later which part of it you’d want to go slow motion.
The Serious Smartphone
Apple's doing the right thing to give new buyers the whole iWork suite. But I'm saddened that at the time of writing, existing iOS owners are left out. I hope I misinterpreted it all... Anyway, new iOS device owners at least get to do more office productivity stuff (and further stress out) with their iOS devices. Luckily, there's also iPhoto and iMovie to balance things a bit.
False Sense of Security? 
I don’t know about you but despite the new fingerprint sensor I can’t help feeling that hackers will be able to crack through the phone’s security in no time… or maybe not.
All New Experience
iOS 7 will bring a whole new and fresh experience to the stale iOS of yesterday. I can’t wait to try it out and I hope it improves battery life for the current crop of iPhone 5.
Still Managed to Surprise
Just when I thought every possible news were leaked, Apple proved that it could still surprise and I hope when Tim Cook promised us an exciting season this fall, he really meant it.

No comments: