Sunday 9 March 2014

Flipboard Buys Zite

Google Reader was the king of RSS readers (hence, a great source of news) when my bud introduced it to me many years back. Ever since Google canceled the service, Feedly did a great job acting as the alternative. Best of all, it is free with the option to go premium. For me, Feedly is the equivalent. Then, I read about Zite, which improves over time to bring you the news that you like. Great artificial intelligence. IMHO, I'd call that evolutionary.

Now I'm worried because Flipboard announced of its purchase of this evolutionary product. Flipboard will stop Zite's service after it's done integrating Zite's intelligent recommendation engine into its own. Flipboard looks and feels nice on the iPad. However, the iPhone and Android smartphone app left much to be desired, so I hope Flipboard won't screw up Zite's brilliance this way. And I hope Flipboard will offer existing Zite users an easy way to migrate over.

May you reincarnate into a better form, Zite. Hugz.

via Android Community.

No comments: