Tuesday 29 July 2014

Pro left behind his DSLRs and went mobile photography

Dan Marcolina had been in the photography business for 25 years or so but had since abandoned his Canon DSLRs and went for the more convenient and lighter mobile phone - the iPhone in this case. His opinions:
"People don’t know the rules about photography, yet they’re discovering images from their heart and their experience. It’s more about sculpting the image and less about worrying about expensive stuff, like camera lenses.
...
"The advent of digital is as important in my mind as Kodak coming out with color photography. It’s brought major artistic breakthroughs and provides instant feedback on your work."
Not so dramatic for me. I am not even at the amature level but the phone is the camera that's always with me, so that's what's important. I do love big ass cameras and I love those lenses but I only bring my entry level Nikon whenever I can, on holidays. :)

No comments: