Wednesday 10 September 2014

Apple's Special 9 Sept. 2014 Event - The Aftermath

As with my exam question predictions, I'm wrong as usual at all counts. So the Apple announcement went on like the usual style, no live manipulations of surrounding devices to illustrate HomeKit and no Mac Mini-Apple TV-iPod hybrid. How did I feel? I did stay up to watch the event live and it was 1-3am here. Spent the rest of the day being somewhat a zombie.

While checking out the news I came across a few surveys that basically ask if I would be getting the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus or Apple Watch. My answer, none of the above. I don't think the new iPhones evolved enough for a change from my 2-year old iPhone 5 and I suspect the fabulous Apple Pay won't be coming to Malaysia anytime soon. Maybe I'll just wait for the 6s.

Apple Watch? Like my bud, I too can't find a good reason for a smart watch. Perhaps next round. I was mesmerised by a couple of things, though. The Mickey Mouse watch face (this is even better than the normal watches! Mickey shakes his bum in this digital version!) and the interactive emoji. The emoji is not only animated but the live demo showed that you can pinch the smiley and it will become a wink. I believe more can be done!

However, being Apple these are expensive stuff (by my standards) so since I don't print money, I'll just skip this round.

No comments: