Sunday 21 September 2014

World of Scam - Automated Call from "RHB"

In less than 7 days, I've received twice the same automated voice message telling me that I've got a pending transaction with the amount of RM3,972 with RHB and that I should press 1 to authorise or 5 to don't know what (sorry can't remember). The first time went to my voice mail during the week day and the second time was just a few moments ago. For that first time, I deleted the voice mail and for the second time, I hung up and went on with life.

I don't deny that these calls did make me feel worried and unsure if it was really RHB but, well, I don't have any dealings with the bank so, it's got to be a scam. A search online showed that I was not alone. Someone else blogged about it here. The difference was that the number that called me was +60 3 9206 8118.

Beware and take care!

No comments: