Tuesday 3 February 2015

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty - A Modern Day Remake of Abe's Oddysee

First played Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee on my friend's Playstation One, I started reading more about it in gaming magazines. I (hopelessly) got addicted to it and kept on bugging my friend to let me play the game until late into the nights. The game was awesome - it's got all the humour, puzzles and graphics that a platformer should.

Therefore, it's not surprising to be excited to find that there's a remake in the name of Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty and this time around, available for almost all platforms, including the Mac! The Mac had been deprived of all the Oddworld games so this is a most welcome change. The Windows, Mac and Linux versions are available for pre-order on Valve's Steam.

Below is the trailer of the new game:


And here's a comparison of the old and the new. Although the new game received raving reviews and praise, the person that uploaded the video here is not too enthusiastic, though, and if you have half an hour, you will find out why.


As for me, the remake is now in my wishlist and when the price is right... ;)

No comments: