Wednesday 14 September 2016

11 Malaysian Words Recognised!

In the midst of all the bad press in the international scene the past few years, I'm proud that my country has got 11 of its commonly used words recognised by the Oxford English Dictionary. I've not been to a mamak nor a kopitiam lately but these are just two of the 11 words that I've grown up with as a Malaysian and been using unashamedly in my English sentences.

The other words are ang pow (can't wait for the next Chinese New Year holidays!), bodoh (stupid!), char kway teow (just had it for lunch last week), chicken rice (I shall have this for lunch today to celebrate such an auspicious moment), aiyoh, aiyah (both used to express a sigh, disappointment, distress when forgotten something, or etc, etc. stuffs like that), atas (up), balut (wrap) and rendang (another yummy dish).

via The Sun Daily.

No comments: