Monday 29 June 2015

LGBT Pride Colours


As I noticed more and more people/publishers/etc. replace their social media profile photos with supposedly lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) pride colours to join in the celebration of legalised same sex marriage in the US, I wonder if some of them knew what the colours meant and if they got the correct representation because for one, I didn't until I did a search today.

The ever awesome Wikipedia had the answer, so check it out here to get it right. The original pride flag actually had 8 colours as below while subsequent versions became 7 and eventually 6:
hot pink: sexuality
red: life
orange: healing
yellow: sunlight
green: nature
turquoise: magic/art
indigo/blue: serenity/harmony
violet: spirit

While we are at it, did you know there are other symbols that represent LGBT? Once again, Wikipedia had the info. Did you also know how the word 'gay' eventually mean homosexual? Today I Found Out had this covered.

No comments: