Saturday 13 June 2015

Crime Scene Investigation ends run with 2-hour finale, leaving behind in its wake lacklustre CSI: Cyber

Along with the rest of the world, I became a CSI fan. I tagged along to become a CSI: Miami and CSI: New York fan as well. The two spinoffs ended earlier and now, after 15 seasons, it's the original's turn. What better way to go than with a 2 hour long finale, bringing back Gil Grissom (oh yes, my all time favourite character among all the CSIs and its spinoffs) and Catherine Willows.

Meanwhile, the CSI legacy continues through CSI: Cyber albeit not a very popular one. Current CSI leading man Ted Danson is set to join the second season. I've just watched the premiere episode and was not very impressed. There wasn't anything to differentiate it from typical crime dramas even as cyberspace goes. The first three CSIs were already very high on tech. I get it that it's got some very big shoes to fill but it looked like it's still searching for the right size.

All the best in the next season. I'd hate to see a year without any CSIs. 

via CSI Files.

No comments: