Sunday 28 June 2015

Polaroid Cube/Cube+


I got all excited when I first heard of the Polaroid Cube and subsequently, the follow-up Cube+. It's small, it's US$100 (US$150 for the Cube+), it takes videos and photos, it's small, lightweight, shockproof and weatherproof. The Cube+ even makes up for the original's shortfall, that is it comes with Wifi and accompanying app for iOS and Android that allows the smartphones to be the viewfinder (the Cube/Cube+ do not have any means of a display). Sounds like it's got everything that a guy that's interested in photography and some video should get one to play with.

Unfortunately, after reading the reviews here and here, and after my mind started to cool off, I can't find any reasons for me to consider one. Video quality not too good, no stabiliser, and photo quality can be better. Sadly and most importantly, no spare cash. No doubt that if I have loads of cash, I would surely acquire one to just go around snapping photos at random. Would be interesting to see what the results could be at the end of the day when I plug it in.

Well, this toy is just not for me... yet.

No comments: