Tuesday 25 December 2007

TV2 Going Multi-Racial

I guess the announcement that TV2 is going to have more non-Malay staff on-screen is a good move to promote Malaysia's multi-racial society but I do feel I need to comment on this (from Star Nation "More multi-racial face for RTM2"):
"The Malays were only watching shows in Bahasa Malaysia while the Chinese and Indians often opted for shows in their languages."
I feel that this is not true. The truth, in my own opinion, is the quality of locally produced shows. We see many people prefer watching foreign language dramas (such as Korean and Japanese), languages that Malaysians do not understand and not watch those that are locally produced (in a language we all understand). Do you agree?

2 comments:

wooncc said...

Korean and Japanese dramas??? arent those showed on our TV dubbed ?
So you tell me, which will you most likely to watch, Jap/Kor drama dubbed in Malay or Chinese ?

Adrian Tan said...

Nowadays some are not dubbed.