Thursday 5 August 2010

Favourite Likes

I noticed that a lot of articles and tweets these days let us favourite or like them. I mean, at the end of the articles or short tweets, there are buttons that we can click on if we like them or would like to mark them as our favourites so that later we could check them out again. Or just to express our appreciation of such articles. Nice touch, these stuff.

But what about articles and tweets that bring forth bad news or negative views? Those of catastrophic proportions or of the demise of someone that we feel enough to mark the articles? It would appear that we like that to happen or that it is in our favour of some people's misfortunes. Maybe it is just me but sometimes, I would, for example, like to mark some Google Reader articles that I like but sort of held back from clicking on the button because I wouldn't want to like what was happening in the article.

Anyone thought about this or am I just far too sensitive in these kind of things? :-/

2 comments:

Booker said...

Good point Buck.

Maybe they should have an option to give a virtual "Hug" or "Empathy" or "Give Strength?

Adrian Tan said...

Yeah! Something like that would be nice.