Monday 27 June 2011

Laddaland

Watched the Thai language horror movie Laddaland recently. Before the movie, I went to check out the trailer on YouTube, which you can find embedded below:
The trailer left much to be desired and I was not going to watch the movie. Then my cousin went to watch and recommended it to me so I went with a friend whom is a fan of this genre. I was pleasantly surprised by the movie.

It (to use my cousin's words) "builds up the tension" quite well. Started off slow, really slow with a long scene of happiness in slow mo. Everything was about happiness... until a maid was found dead, tortured and stored in a fridge. Things for Laddaland (which is a village) started to tense up and everything builds up from there. The use of music at the right moment and how the errr... ghosts appear are nothing new but damn, I still got frightened in a couple of scenes. This is one movie with minimal special effects and still was rather effective.

Recommended for horror fans! I actually like this better than Hollywood's Insidious and Drag Me To Hell.

No comments: