Thursday 14 February 2013

Growing with Die Hard

It'd be normal to grow with a multi-season TV series but seldom I could say the same for movies. Can't say for James Bond because I wasn't born when it started but after watching the fifth instalment in the franchise, I can safely say I grew together with Die Hard.

I still remember that my first movie was with my mom in one of those super huge cinemas of yesterday. My mom was and still is not a fan of cinemas but she accompanied me because to her I was still too young to know better.

Taking this opportunity, I'd like to have a mini review of the whole series from memory. Even though the first movie was considered small having restricted the whole action in a building, I have to say that I still like it the most. Maybe it was Bruce Willis had more hair and a better build then but immediately what came to my mind was shattered glass on the floor and the hero had to take out the pieces off his feet in a toilet. Ouch!

I like the first sequel second best with Bruce running around an airport but I don't particularly remember any scene that stuck. The third movie was rather good, too because this time, Die Hard is happening around a city. The scene at the water fountain where Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson tried to solve this crazy riddle from baddie Jeremy Irons was my favourite.

Despite being more recent, the fourth movie wasn't very memorable and I must say, the one showing now, the fifth movie A Good Day to Die Hard somehow doesn't give me that Die Hard feel. I can't tell you why but it's just not there. It felt just like another crash boom bang action movie...

A Good Day to Die Hard scores:
Die Hard feel? 2/5 (I would have given a 1/5 but having Bruce Willis in the movie helped)
Lots of action? 3/5
Entertaining? 2/5
Was it a good day to die hard? 0/5

No comments: