Sunday 20 October 2013

Evernote iOS App Not Bullet Proof?

I've recently imported all my Catch Notes files (because Snaptic Catch.com, the company behind this excellent app decided to call it quits) over to Evernote (iOS 7 version) and was updating one of them a couple of days ago. The notes in this file are all plain text so I decided to add some formatting to them when I noticed that Evernote supports this feature.

And so I happily highlighted the text that I wanted to put into bullet form did some indentation to discover that the numerical bullets do not change form (eg. the main bullets were 1, 2, 3... so when I indent them I had expected them to turn into i, ii, iii... or a, b, c...) but it didn't happen. Evernote would just restart the numbering. So I decided to just reduce the indent and all of a sudden the text that were not highlighted disappeared! There was no way to undo and a portion of my notes were gone! Horrors!!! o.O

Luckily I had previously emailed my notes to someone and I copied those back and placed into Evernote again. After that, I decided not to do any formatting again and just updated the notes in plain text. Did I also mention that Evernote crashed on me a few times, too? I was merely browsing my notes! I can't seem to find much info online so I guess my case could just be an isolated one. Sigh. I'll just wait out for the next update then.

No comments: