Saturday 14 December 2013

Spotify Now "Free" on Android and iOS

I was thrilled when Spotify arrived in Malaysia many months back but abandoned the app after my free trial expired. I was tempted to subscribe but in the end, I went back to streaming radio app TuneIn Radio (been a user many years back)... and eventually purchased TuneIn Radio Pro.

I was pleasantly surprised when I received an e-mail from Spotify today that it has gone "free" for major mobile OSes Android and iOS. And it's "free" as I had expected it to be - ad-sponsored like its desktop version and offline option is only for premium (paid) users. Still, I'm happy to use it interchangeably with TuneIn Radio whenever I'm on wifi. My Spotify's been playing the whole afternoon till now and there's no sign of any advertisements yet. Still too fresh for local companies to advertise, probably.

No comments: