Thursday 23 October 2008

Canon Customer Service

Some kind soul gave me an old 3.2 megapixel Canon camera recently. The LCD was cracked but otherwise the camera was functional. I was cracking my head on how to get it fixed since I just started a new job and couldn't really go on leave. Then, I found that Canon's service center at Peremba Square is open Mondays to Fridays (except public holidays) until 8pm! Wow!

Hence, I visited the service center after work earlier in the evening and was presented with another surprise! Well, not to the point where I was given a brand new camera as a replacement. :P

The guy that served me (so happened to be the manager on duty) told me that the LCD could be replaced immediately (mainly because the part was in stock and it was a simple replacement)! It cost me RM103 but I suppose it is much cheaper than a brand new compact camera. :P

With such service, I was thinking if I ever upgrade to a DSLR, maybe it might be a Canon. Previously, I was leaning towards a Nikon because the lenses appear to be cheaper but now, the pleasant customer service is indeed a strong plus point for Canon! Before I left the place, I asked the manager if I would get the same immediate service for a DSLR and his answer was if it can be repaired quickly, it is possible. Sensor cleaning and basic servicing is also immediate (free first time but a charge of RM120 subsequently applies)!

For those who might be interested in my newly acquired oldie digital camera, I shall introduce it in another post at another time. Right now, I am feeling lazy. :P

No comments: