Sunday 17 August 2008

INSANE Despicable Humans: Farm Animal Cruelty

I'm a regular meat eater and I love to eat meat. Nothing compares to meat. However, because us humans cannot do without vegetables, I have to take them, too. Not that I don't like vegetables. I used to dislike them, but nowadays, they are ok. Nothing compares to meat, though. However, the following video proves to be very disturbing. It shows how farm animals, pigs, chicken and cows, are treated in farms in the United States. Caged in cramped spaces to the verge of insanity, beaks cut off without regards to pain, modified feeds to obtain the best meat and weak animals left to die are some of the real life issues faced by these animals highlighted in the video. Now we can understand why there are many vegetarians out there. Not meant to be insensitive, I shall remain to be a meat person for now. Maybe one day I will turn vegetarian, too.

Source: Celsias "A Win for Animal Cruelty Prevention; Factory Farming Practices Ruled Not Humane"

No comments: