Saturday 1 January 2011

The First Blog Post of a New Decade: The Red Slippers, The Zombie and The Android Bug

First off, let me wish everyone a Happy New Year and an all new decade. Lets all start fresh, be good and most importantly, be HAPPY! Here's a photo with plenty of red tint which normally represents prosperity and everything good:
Happy New Year! First photo to share this year. on Twitpic
Up next, let me introduce this very cool zombie to you:
Brainssssss... on Twitpic
Designed using the Plants vs. Zombies in-game avatar designer. The official name for a zombie avatar is Zombatar. Cool. As cool as the game. Highly addictive of the tower defense kind of thing. Not quite TD but that's what it reminds me of.

And to end this post, I would like to warn fellow Android users of a bug that Engadget brought up in their post. Incidentally, I wouldn't have read about this had it not for the Engadget Android app that I just installed a few hours ago. There exists this Android messaging bug where SMSes might be mistakenly sent to someone else other than the intended one.

I had a first hand experience a few weeks ago. Oh no! Looking back into the past are we? Anyways, earlier on that day I sent out a group SMS to inform of a meeting schedule. After that, I declined a friend's invitation to go to Pulau Ketam for a photography session. I had set my phone to inform me when a SMS is delivered. To my amusement, I received multiple replies telling me that my SMS to my friend was delivered. Some time passed when one of the people whom I had sent an SMS about the meeting schedule called and asked me what's this meeting at Pulau Ketam!

Gosh! Only then I realised that I might have made a mistake! Panic stricken, I went to check but in the default message app indicated that the recipient was my friend! At that time, I thought it might be a bug with the HTC Desire but only now, after reading Engadget's post did I realise it was actually an Android bug. Gasp! You have been warned!

No comments: