Tuesday 19 November 2013

The Purge "Sort Of" Review

The previous post reminded me of a recent movie called The Purge. It's set in a future America where crime was at an all time low... because every year there will be 12 hours where almost anyone was allowed to commit any crime, including murder, and could walk away scot free. This movie was totally disturbing and though the idea seemed original, I wouldn't recommend it because the thought of such a world was simply horrifying.


The movie was right to be classified in the horror category, not because it gave the chills, but the thought of such a possibility could exist in the world's greatest economy. Thrill wise, I don't find much there safe a scene or two. 2/5

The actors try to act intense but the truth was, there were not much of those moments. Despite having Ethan Hawke and Lena Heady to lead, there was really not much to impress upon. 2/5

I've never heard if such a thing before, have you? So in my opinion, I'd give this terrible movie a 5/5 for originality but a 2/5 overall for the brutality it planted into my mind. Watch if you like this sort of thing but don't be influenced by it. Please don't.

No comments: