Friday 24 August 2007

No Fuji Finepix for Me?

A few days ago, I e-mailed Fujifilm Malaysia to enquire about the availability of the F31fd, touted to be the best compact camera of all time due to its low noise in high ISOs and manual functions, but did not receive a reply. I had to call the company for the information, only to be greeted with disappointment. It is no longer available. I was told it is replaced with the F40fd which does not have manual functions and higher noise levels. I asked why Fujifilm still puts the F31fd on their website but errr... did not get any excuse for that. :(

A little bit more about the F31fd: it's able to photograph in low light and produce little noise at higher ISO sensitivities - a function unachievable by any other compacts. It also had manual functions like aperture and shutter priorities. Best compact camera in my humble opinion! Too bad it is not available anymore. :(

No comments: