Thursday 19 February 2009

Milk Fruit

Previously, I've heard my colleagues mention about a fruit where its flesh has a milky taste and I tried it last night. Sorry, forgot to take photos but this link should be sufficient. According to the link, it appears to be from Cambodia and I am here in Vietnam. I did ask some English speaking Vietnamese about this milk fruit previously but they don't seem to know what it is, so I guess it is possible that it is not a Vietnamese local fruit. I am a amused by how a tree could produce a fruit with "milk" inside, though. Nice, tasty and juicy. Yum, yum.

Oops, forgot to mention that the one I had had a greenish outer skin whereas the one shown from the link had a purplish skin. The link also mentioned that it is greenish when it is still raw but I am quite sure the one I had was ripe. :)

2 comments:

Booker said...

interestinggggggg.........

Adrian Tan said...

... and delicious!