Saturday 7 February 2009

Vista's Own Defragmenter

Been defragmenting my drive for over an hour now and I still have no clue how long more to wait. The Disk Defragmenters of the past that came together with XP, 2000, Me, 98 and 95 (can't remember what the 3.11 one looks like) give an indication of how many percent had already been defragmented - no indication of how much of time left - but at least I would have an indication of progress.

Check out the latest one from Vista: This may take from a few minutes to a few hours!!! @%^@#$%@$!!!!! Couldn't it be any more vague than this? How's the one in Windows 7?
And when it's done, it doesn't even indicate that disk defragmentation has completed or something to that degree. Sigh...

8 comments:

andrewk said...

I use this on WinXP.

http://www.kessels.com/Jkdefrag/

Adrian Tan said...

but mine's visastrous...

Booker said...

hey buck, I like your errr... "window at the top of the blog with the pink flowers where the title to your blog is" thing.... very pretty!

Adrian Tan said...

Hey thanks, Booker. Designed this in conjunction with CNY and upcoming Valentine's Day.

andrewk said...

JKDefrag works for Vistaster also lah.

Adrian Tan said...

Oh. :)

Anonymous said...

I hate the fact that the Vista defragger doesnt show a visual progress. I feel like I have no control over the task. I am currently using Diskeeper09, check it out, it works wonderfully on Vista. Its got a nice GUI and other very useful features like low free space defrag and system file defrag.

Adrian Tan said...

Hey, thanks for the tip.