Saturday 21 March 2009

IonBuck and His Failed Balloon Fiesta

I invited some of my buds to go for this 1st Putrajaya International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta 2009 some weeks ago. A couple of friends agreed to join but I ditched them so that I could go with family. Reached there 3pm-ish but found no hot air balloons. The only balloons I saw were three of these:
My dad pointed out that all of them were folded and covered up like these:
Well, I did read the itinerary on the website but I did not know that other than those potential times (0745 - 0815 and 1745 to 1815), the balloons would be deflated.

Besides a lot of those folded up balloons, I also saw a remote controlled helicopter that seemed to be doing its bit for global warming:
Had a stroll around the so-called carnival (that's what the website called it) and the most interesting sight was a bunch of cow bones used to boil soup:
I was a little disappointed not being able to see the balloons but was glad to spend the day with family. I was also consoled by photos taken by one of my bud that woke up early and went there. You can see andrewk's photos of the hot air balloons here.

No comments: