Tuesday 3 March 2009

The TM Encounter So Far...

Telekom Malaysia decided to be more savvy and called themselves TM. I have no issues with that as long as their quality of service improved. To this end, I am pleasantly surprised. It all began last week. After I came back from Vietnam, I found that my internet connection (it's ADSL, so it's connected to the phone) was highly unstable and thought maybe it will clear up in a day (which is normal). After a few more days, it got worse!

I picked up the phone and realised that there's a lot of electronic noise (you know, those crackling sound). So on Sunday, I decided to call TM (not Streamyx) on behalf of the phone owner. TM said the response is usually within 24 hours. Well, I remained skeptical but when I went home yesterday, I was told a TM technician came and checked the line. Wow.

Unfortunately, the problem was not fixed because new cabling needed to be done from the outside to the house (external pole to the house). That means, their efficiency will once again be tested and reported here.

Meanwhile, I will not be online from home until the problem is fixed because the problem got really bad. I totally can't even get the intermittent every few minutes internet connection now!

No comments: