Saturday 14 March 2009

Minus Points for Selangor Government?

Update 15 March 2009: Right. I can get into the website now, but I lost the mood to go look.

Update 14 March 2009, 7:38pm: Hmmm... interesting. Looks like the Menteri Besar updated his stuff already. Check out the article Selangor MB gets monthly income of RM47,222.

By the way, I tried the link to the website again to check out the declarations and I got this:
Totally weird. My friends are getting the actual Selangor website but I've done scans for virus and spyware and malware and even restarted and changed my IP but I am still getting Forestry Department... with both Firefox and IE!
*****
First off, I had the impression that Pakatan Rakyat politicians serving the People were supposed to declare their assets not long after they took office. I did not follow up on that. My bad. Recently, the Selangor Pakatan Rakyat government announced that their assets will be available for public scrutiny yesterday. So I had to minus some points there, unless I was wrong that the declaration was supposed to come earlier. And now, according to The Star Online, all had declared except the head, our Selangor Menteri Besar Tan Sri Abdul Khalid Ibrahim. He said there was a computer glitch... and he also said this:
"Maybe on Monday or Tuesday because I want to post the latest (data) and I also would like to know how the people react to the declarations by the state executive councillors before posting mine."
What could that mean?

You can try to view the other exco declarations at www.selangor.gov.my. Mine is still loading, though.

No comments: