Monday 20 April 2009

The Amazing Susan Boyle

I was totally mesmerised by Susan Boyle when I first saw her singing in Youtube. I got the link from a friend's e-mail. Actually, my other buds have shared the link but I sort of skipped through all of them. I had not intended to blog about her but after reading this article, I had to. She gave new meaning to life! I wanted to embed the Youtube video here, but it was disabled by request, so I respect that. :D Excerpts from the article Why Sysan Boyle?
... Susan struck a chord because in this troubled world, she represents the perseverance of the human spirit. We got to watch as the most unlikely individual rose to become a celebrated 21st century muse. No matter how fickle fame is–or who Ms. Boyle turns out to be–we share in her moment of triumph.

So why this woman? Because for a few minutes in 2009–perhaps more so than Obama himself–Susan Boyle personified hope.

2 comments:

Booker said...

Saw her performance. Fantastic!

Also thought that Paul Potts was AMAZING!!!!

Adrian Tan said...

She's just great! Errr... don't know who is Paul Potts, though. *shy*