Monday 29 October 2007

At Last, I've Been There...


Finally, Eye On Malaysia
Originally uploaded by IonBuck.

In the beginning, I told myself that I better let the biggest ferris wheel in Malaysia run for a few months before going on it and then I dragged, and dragged and totally forgot about it. All of a sudden, it popped up in my mind again and time was limited as its last operational day is 31 December 2007 (unless our Tourism Ministry decides to extend the timeline, but seems unlikely judging by the lukewarm response).

So I went with my friend two Saturdays ago for a ride and also for some photographic opportunity and here is one of them. What I realised when I came back and browsed at other people's photos of this subject was, I did not move around looking for a more attractive angle. Something I need to improve on! :(

The Petronas Twin Towers were too close to the wheel and the reflection was not the complete wheel. :(

Took the ride up, paid RM30 for two of us, shared the cabin with a foreign speaking couple who shamelessly did some hugging and kissing and some indiscreet caressing (so they thought) and realised the night scene was errr... not interesting. With the name "Eye On Malaysia" I would expect to see a lot of Kuala Lumpur but that was not the case. Things were made worse because it was still drizzling and the cabin was full of drops, plus some swaying, so I couldn't take any decent photos of the outside view. You will just have to trust me that the view from the top is nothing to shout about.

4 comments:

Shooting Star said...

Cool Pic!! Hey, I also forgot about it.. how long did u line up before gettin on it?

Adrian Tan said...

Hmmm... probably less than 10 minutes.

wooncc said...

NICE!!! time for you to get a DSLR

Adrian Tan said...

and be your agent? :P