Thursday 4 October 2007

The Dell Experience (cont'd, cont'd)

I really hope this is the last time I need to blog about this! The previous times are here and here. Today, Dell sent yet another technician (different from the one that called me yesterday) but I was impressed with this one. He disassembled very quickly and had this know-what-he-is-doing thing. Replaced the motherboard, replaced the heat sink and replaced the sound card (!!!).

He then reassembled the whole laptop back quickly as well. Unlike the previous two, he did not need to look here and there to see if he missed anything. CONFIDENCE!

At last, Dell redeemed itself... I hope... so far things tested out fine... keeping my fingers crossed. Unfortunately, I am quite sure that the 'new' motherboard in this laptop is really a refurbished one... but as long as it works fine... I do need to consider extending the warranty, though.

No comments: