Tuesday 29 January 2013

Flickr's 200 Limit

I used to be a super fan of Flickr when I first got my Panasonic Lumix FZ30 super zoom. I went to look for cool stuff to photograph so that I could post on Flickr. And then... I started to get lazy and was also afraid to post too many photos because there is a limit of only showing the most recent 200 photos if you are not a PRO account subscriber (but no worries, though, because the older 201th or so photos will magically reappear once you subscribe for a PRO account and whatever links you have will still show these older photos). I'm just plain stingy and in my country the exchange rate is US$1 = RM3.1 at this moment. I'm not paying this because I'm not a PRO and I snap at my own leisure.

Which is why I'm delighted to say Instagram suits me rather well. So Flickr or Yahoo, is there any chance that you may want to do away with this 200 photos limit now that you have a nice app that is quite Insta, too? I suppose you made this app to compete with apps like Instagram? Twitter is doing it, too!

You can make the uploaded photos much smaller than its original resolution, you can maintain your current upload limits, but please do away with the 200 recent photos one? Just my two cents.

p/s. Flickr has turned everyone's account into PRO for a few months so it's a good time to check it out now.

No comments: