Monday 2 July 2007

The Prime Minister Who Came With The Wrong Tie

There was the Prime Minister's Department's monthly gathering and staff attending the gathering were supposed to be wearing red ties or scarves with yellow spots (couldn't imagine how interesting this would look) but the prime minister himself attended with the wrong tie and was still able to joke about it (Star Online Nation "It is a 'red tie' affair at the PM's Department"):
"I am sorry but I actually chose the wrong tie. This is what happens when you don't listen to your wife.

"This morning, my wife pointed out the tie to me and I was thinking, why did she chose a red tie with yellow spots on it?

"I thought (the corporate tie) must be the one with batik design so I took this one."

I guess you can say that we really have a prime minister with a good sense of humour.

1 comment:

andrewk said...

I'd rather say that we have a prime minister who is a doddering twit but your idea is good too.