Saturday 10 January 2009

INSANE: The Ancient Atari Joystick That Can Control An XBox 360

Shocking! The Atari joystick... the very first joystick (quite a few of my friends told me it's really called the batang gembira) that I ever held and used in my hands with my very old second-hand Atari console. A joystick with a stick (yes! the real thing!) to move around in a game and a button to fire. Broke numerous ones and tried various methods of using glue and tape to stick the inside plastic back so that it would push buttons again as I played games. Even my first ever computer, the Atari ST used this joystick, too. And now, via Engadget via Xbox-Scene, I got to know that Benjamin J. Heckendorn modified it so that it can play games on current generation XBox 360! Below are a couple of photos of the said modified joystick. GASP! What a lot of extra holes! Ok, enough of nostalgia. Got to post this so that one of my 67 friend can read about it because he can't access Engadget. Don't know the technicality behind it anyway.

No comments: