Sunday 18 January 2009

My Puppy's Desk

First blog post from Puppy Linux. This is Puppy Linux's default desktop which is (SURPRISE!) also my default on the AMD Duron.I had earlier today screwed up the resolution of the screen and was in a bit of a panic as it became unusable. After doing some searching on the net, I found out how to edit the resolution settings by going out to the command prompt and get back to the low XVesa driver. Phew.

Here's a little bit more about Puppy since my first post about it here. Note that first post was done on Windows Vista while this second post which is also my first on Puppy was done on Puppy Linux. Pardon me, I woke up a little too early on a Sunday. Anyways...

The browser that came with Puppy is SeaMonkey, derived from some Mozilla codes, if I read the "About" correctly on the browser. Oh yes, during installation, I had no problems of any missing drivers that I need to search all over the internet for... very unlike Windows. If I were to install Windows on this ancient without any drivers discs, I might just have to open up the computer, clean out the dust and take out a magnifying glass and torchlight to check on the make of the motherboard.

The other day, I had to format and reinstall Windows XP on a (ancient, what else?) laptop. I was surprised that XP did not recognise the Video driver which is an Intel integrated one. Oops, I had talked about this already. You can find it here. Please take note that I refuse to acknowledge that repeating myself here has anything to do with failing memory from old age.

2 comments:

Booker said...

buck, it's ok to admit that you're getting old......hmm if u hadn't mentioned the old age thing....

Adrian Tan said...

No, no, no, Book.