Sunday 4 March 2007

Massive Park in Kuala Lumpur Soon

If we watch lots of American programs on TV, we are bound to come across the popular central park in New York. London has its own Hyde Park. I recently came across an article in National Geographic magazine about Paris' focus on beautifying its city with nature.

Probably those are what caused the Housing and Local Government Ministry to develop a huge 162ha (beats me, I have no idea how big that is) of federal land to become a park within Kuala Lumpur. I had thought the Lake Gardens was big, but it is only 91ha. So we are really talking huge here.

Actually, I was hoping to see more trees along major roads (something like in Singapore where trees on both sides of the expressway converge to provide cooling shades) to provide more shade... but I guess this could be a better solution.

Source: Star Online Nation "KL’s very own public park"

No comments: